Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Squirrels and Squirrels and Squirrels OH MY!!!


I looked out the back door this morning and saw the squirrels. I think they got into our attic and we can't figure out how they are getting in. I remembered that we have a Have a Heart Trap, so, since my husband wasn't home, I decided to be brave and try to trap them!


I had to goggle how to set the trap, that was easy! I put it on the back porch and threw in some honey nut cheerios and walnuts and a couple pieces of a fortune cookie. I kept looking out the door but there was nothing in my trap. I figured it wouldn't really work, but I kept looking anyway. Finally around 2:30....Look...there is a squirrel in my trap and a second squirrel sitting on top looking in at him. I called my husband and no matter where in the country you are, you probably heard him laughing! Now what do I do???!!!


  1. put a garbage bag on the back seat

  2. put on some thick gloves

  3. pick up the cage and carry to the car

  4. drive to a wooded area

  5. put the cage on the ground

  6. open the door

  7. watch squirrel shoot out like a bullet! I don't think he liked being in there!!!

I reset the trap when I got home, figuring that his friend wouldn't be stupid enough to go in after seeing him trapped in there. Here's a new flash...squirrels aren't very smart. About 2 hours later, I had squirrel number two trapped and carried away to the same wooded area as his friend. My only concern now is that they are smarter than I think and they will find their way back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment